I will go through the procedure manual to install the OBi 200 and set it up with Google Voice to get free home service. There is currently an issue with the Polycom server that seem to frustrate a lot of new users. This video will cover the issues I encountered and also how it was solved.
1. Connect the Ethernet cable from “Internet” Port to your Router. Or the USB
Wifi adapter (optional)
2. Connect the Phone cable from “Phone” to your telephone.
3. Connect the Power adapt to “Power” to your power outlet.
4. Dial **9 222 222 222
IF you can connect successfully to ** 9 222 222 222 then
go to obitalk.com and setup an account. After setting up an obitalk account, it will direct you to dial a **5 ### number. If it did not connect, just keep trying every 15 seconds. Once it timed out, it will give you another number. The customer support says to try after 3:pm PST. I was able to successfully connect after 3:pm PST
IF YOU CANNOT CONNECT SUCCESSFULLY to **9 222 222 222 then
update the firmware then try dialing the **9 222 222 222 again.
Below is the link to the Firmware and some troubleshooting instruction.
Link for Manual Firmware Update Instructions
What ports should I keep open on my router/firewall?
NOT ABLE TO ADD OBI DEVICES USING THE **5 METHOD
Associate Links to Product:
1. Obi 200 1 port; (Used in this video): https://amzn.to/3kjs6sO
2. Obi 202 2 port: https://amzn.to/3XJ4dti
3. Obi WiFi adapter: https://amzn.to/3ZOdMJ9
4. Other VOIP Devices: https://amzn.to/3kuQ3xD
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.